Thursday, August 18, 2011

CBC Interview with Erica

Drought Response in the Horn of Africa

Please keep us in your prayers as we coordinate CBM's drought response in Kenya's Northeastern Province. We are presently assessing the immediate needs in villages and informal settlements outside of the Dadaab Refugee Camps, and working with our team to design immediate relief and long term sustainable development initiatives to help the affected communities become food secure. We are thankful for the support and encouragement of so many friends and churches in Canada that have been upholding this ministry.

This morning, Erica was interviewed by CBC radio's Mitch Cormier about her participation in the food convoy to Dhobley, Somalia, and CBM's long term work in sustainable community development in Kenya's Northeastern Province.

Bringing Help to Somalia

Posted by Nancy Russell

A UPEI graduate turned missionary brings aid to Somalia. Erica Kenny was part of the first convoy to enter the volatile country since famine was declared last month. We reached her at her home in Nairobi, Kenya.

To Listen to the interview: Click Here


Other Links:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2011/08/18/pei-kenny-somalia-aid-worker-584.htmlhttp://news.ca.msn.com/canada/somalia-aid-worker-feels-blessed

5 comments:

  1. I love you guys! Seeing your work always makes me so happy, to know that people as awesome as you are on the frontlines making decisions to help people in need. You'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much for sharing that interview with us. Stories like that make the problems in our own lives seem very small in comparison.
    God Bless you Kenny Family.

    Bev and Donnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You won the giveaway on my blog for the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook.
    Please contact me with your mailing information as soon as possible!!
    Talk to you soon!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi it's me again. Just making sure you got my email yesterday saying you had won the giveaway. I just need your address when you get a chance. Could you reply through this comment so I am sure that it's you responding. I got an email yesterday with an address on it but I want to make sure it's you because after reading your blog I didn't picture you living in an apartment in IL. LOL! But if that's you, that's where I'll send it. I just wanted to make sure first because there wasn't anything else written in the email, just an address.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was just able to listne to the podcast. Thanks Erica. Just returned from Oasis where Paul Carline gave an update as well. Pray for you each day. God Bless and keep you love Jane

    ReplyDelete