Friday, April 13, 2012

Esther-Ordinary Faith

Rosslyn Academy Elementary presents...
Esther-Ordinary Faith
A kids musical by Kathie Hill

Emma, with her friends, before tonight's
performance as the auditorium filled up

This year's Spring elementary drama was a musical based on the story of Esther. Through the musical, the children and audience learn that God can be trusted in difficult times -- We can have confidence in Him!

Emma and her buddy Diana with the dancers

"The Lord of the Dance"


Erica and Kim after a busy few months of
rehearsal as co-directors of the
Rosslyn Elementary musicals

The dancers

Mommy and Emma at the end of a great night!





1 comment:

  1. Hello Kennys,

    This looks like it was a fantastic show. You don't know me, but I found your blog by doing a Google search for "blog Rosslyn Academy". I was curious to find out more about the school from people who attend. I am a school teacher from Chicago, IL USA, but will be coming to Nairobi this summer to begin teaching at Rosslyn. My family and I never imagined making such a big move, but a friend of ours (Fred Garner) began teaching there this year, and that was our introduction to the school.

    I have three kids – Emmy will be in 9th grade, Carson will be in 6th, and Josie will be in 4th. We're all excited about this move, though it is also rather scary. Our kids have never known another house, school, church, or neighborhood. But from these photos, I think we will find Rosslyn to be a friendly place. I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade language arts. I am crazy about reading and love teaching kids literature and writing.

    I look forward to meeting you before long!

    Warm Regards,

    Mr. Slaughter
    (or Steven, for the grown-ups)

    ReplyDelete